8.23.2007

Okay Holly. I apologize for taking my own sweet time to respond to your tagging. I sure do love reading other people's responses, but always hesitate to put my own crap out there. anyway...here goes.



4 things about me you may not know...

1. I can STILL put both of my legs behind my head. truly
2. I was a music major in college -Vocal music education to be exact. In fact, I taught and tested the freshman in theory, sight singing and ear-training. (apparently the fact I even attended college has a few readers shaking their heads in wonder...)
3. I come from a family with SEVEN kids. Endless fun, let me tell you.
4. I could do with out zits and constipation for the rest of my years. (sorry, that was a stretch, but I'm quickly running out of interesting tid-bits...and, well, it IS true...)

4 jobs I've had
1. dining room girl at Arctic Circle. (I was 14 and couldn't work the register, so I made kiddie cones, cleaned the dining room, and smiled the the cute fry cook named CHIP.)
2.Telemarketer.
I was certainly NOT cut out for this job. At all. I never understood A THING about what I was selling (real-estate seminars where you could perform "TRANSACTIONS RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!", (no, I didn't even know what a transaction was), financial freedom magazine subscriptions, and who knows what else. I sucked hard core. oh well...you win some you lose some)
3. Checker at THE STORE in holliday utah.
best job ever for a high school girl. small quaint grocery store. Fun people, hot baggers, managers, meat guys, produce guys...you get the picture.
4. Teacher at a performance studio in Sandy for 9 years.
awesome. fun. challenging. backbreaking at times, rewarding. I quit after Grace was born.

Movies I can watch over and over
1. I Am Sam
2. Dead Poet's Society
3. Good Will Hunting
4. ummm....I'll have to go with Hairspray being as I've seen it 4 times and am already jonesin for more.

4 favorite TV shows (no creativity on this list...I am what I am...)
1. Grey's Anatomy.
2. The office
3. American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, So You Think You Can Dance...
4. Law and Order:SVU

4 places I've lived
1. SLC, Murray, Cottonwood Heights, Sandy, West Jordan
2. South Jordan (high ya Sister C :)
3. Idaho Falls for a week
4. My current secret super-hero hidden location...

4 websites I check daily
1. blogging bad a's
2. MSN.com
3. Go Fug Yourself
umm....that's really it, unless of course I'm "shopping"...:)

4 places I've been on vacation
1. Hawaii
2. Caribbean (Cancun, Cozumel, Roaoton)
3. Europe (England, France, Germany, Austria)
4. New York ...my favorite place on the planet.
5. St. Lucia...best beachy vacation place EVER. love it.

4 nicknames
tough one for me....don't have many
1. hicken (wow, originality show-stopper, I know)
2. Tariah
3. a-raT-the flying carrot....(courtesy my brother Allen...."arat" (my name backwards) rhymes with carrot...
4. sucker. loser, crass old man (my mom called me the latter on more than one occasion:), snot face...I'm out

9 comments:

Hayley said...

that's hilarious tara. you just made my day.

Anonymous said...

Loved it!!!!

Kristi said...

Tariah!! Oh man, I LOVE it--you had me giggling to no end. Your telemarketing experience cracks me up. Good movie picks & tv shows--I still havent seen Hairspray yet...how dumb am I? I love learning more about a-rat!! I freakin adore you.

Holly O. said...

When did you see Hairspray for the 4th time???? You crack me up!

Jori said...

I've been to The Store..it's a great uh store! You also worked at the Arctic? Lucky girl. I think I wouldn't even accept pay, I would work for shakes. One of these days I need to skedaddle on up there to visit you and Holly. My dad was a music major too. He didn't end up going into music but he loves it, sings and plays tons of instruments. His giddy over Kaitlin's violin lessons. Great list, you always crack me up.

Melissa E Photography said...

crass old man? I never heard THAT one. I prefer Ethiopian girl..

Kristi said...

Crap! I forgot to mention how sweet it is you are so musically talented...I am very impressed!! and hope you never ever hear me sing... :)

Lupe said...

You rock! You're an amazing and talented! I wish I can put both my legs behind my head!

100 Percent Cottam said...

fun, fun! i love dead poets, too. one of my all time faves.