whewww. My computer guy left a few hours ago and I am happy to report that although my hard drive was toast, I didn't loose my data again. (Seriously, why do I feel cool calling it "my data"?...pics and blogging addresses now constitute highly important "data"). Now, for those of you paying attention, YES, I did JUST have a hard-drive crash less than 2 short months ago (yes, ON MY BIRTHDAY, July 2nd for all you shop ahead-ers:). A day that will be forever etched into my memory (and my upper lip:).
Anyhoodle, I was not thrilled to have the "hard drive failure is eminent. Back up your information now..." message pop up every time my computer re-booted. I just ignored that frickin' message by pushing F1 and continued on with my correspondence for WEEKS. (honestly, if you call blogging and emailing "correspondence," you'll feel a whole heck of lot less guilty...you're doing something for your POSTERITY:) So, I mention the error screen to Jeff and he proceeds to tell me I am an idiot for not calling the computer guy right away. SO, I called the computer guy and HE proceeds to tell me I was an idiot for not calling him right away. Freak..people. Get off my back already. No harm, no foul.
Paul Schafer's humorless long lost twin with an affinity for cowboy boots and a loathing of my jokes and stupid questions, (AKA, the computer man) came and worked his magic...and one hard drive and another $50.00 later we are good to go. Can you believe these things don't have ANY warranty? LAME-O.
Good News for the day...
I am RID of the piano teaching torture. One of the teachers had an opening....so...yay me. I have ALREADY been at the receiving end of a few EYE ROLLS and I was NOT diggin' that action. Believe you me. Heaven forbid I demand that he actually SIT DOWN to practice the piano. Stupid mom's/piano teachers. We don't know nothin'.
Have a swell weekend peacelovers :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
you have a computer guy? i totally need to get a computer guy. i have a feeling there are some bad things living in my computer. happy weekend to YOU!
Gosh, I bet your are so disappointed about the whole piano thing :) and you were just getting started too! Darn!
Glad your computer is up and running.
HA HA! Your computer guy sounds like a cutie--way to snake all the good ones, Tara. I LOVED your description of him, by the way! Hooray for no teaching piano--I'm glad a spot opened up and you're off the hook. Hmmm...does this mean no more Tara for the rest of the weekend? Crap!
did you get a "why do you do this?" comment from them? and if so, did you give them a punch in the face? i'd dare my mom to say it to my face, but she probably will (if i get any kind of a burn on the cruise) and then i'd be forced to actually punch her in the face & i can't do that. so i'm not daring her, cause its really my own dare. and i'm nothing if i'm not consistent.
Did he keep telling you MOVE!(like on saturday night live?)haha I love that one. In fact I'm going to You Tube to find that.
This is just me, but two calls to the computer guy warrant a new computer in my book. A new laptop, so you can "correspond" from any room in the house.
Get a new computer, I'm with Holly. My little piece of work kept dieing...right in the middle of whatever I was doing. It would just turn off, like 5 times a day. Then I got this new little charmer, and I'm in LOVE! Well, not really, but it is so nice having a machine that works properly for all of our "data". ;)
Yippee for not having to teach your own kids piano, that's a disaster waiting to happen in my book.
I hate to point out the obvious here, but if you got a new computer, you'd have to kiss those visits with Cowboy Shafer goodbye--so let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!
Oh, and could you pass on this note to Heather for me?
Dear H,
Wait! I just have to pack up some turbans! (or is that you? Split personalities might seem all glamorous, but it gets complicated!) Tell you what-- I'll just meet you guys at the Lake Como villa.
XOXO, J
P.S. Hilarity is the best accessory-- meaning you're smokin'! :)
Sharla--holy crap, dude! You are hilarious!
I'm a computer "guy"... Western Digital hard drives DO have a warranty, and IMO (in my opinion) they're the only way to go.
Glad you got your data back! :)
Hooray for Will for escaping the clutches of Miss Hannigan, piano teacher!!
If he's sporting the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders boots, then he's a keeper.
I meant the computer guy's boots.
Post a Comment