Thank you ladies so much for your kindness and compassion yesterday. The day ended up going better than I was expecting. Will had already heard about Meno's mom (although all the details were wrong), but not about the baby. We had several short discussions about it through out the rest of the day. I can tell his little mind is just turning and he is trying to process everything. He'd ask a few serious questions or make a serious comment, followed up with a fart joke. Totally a nine yr. old (and totally an offspring of both Jeff and I:). I really think he's going to be just fine, but that it will take some time for him to sort of grasp what has happened. Right now he is acting like the worst part is not having Meno there everyday, but I'm sure his little brain is thinking up a storm in there. I can see it in his eyes. He's thinking and thinking hard. We are just going to have to watch him very carefully and make sure he feels like he can talk/cry or express whatever emotion he is he is feeling. He's a sensitive little guy. Always has been. Thanks Hayley for the idea about getting Meno's info. I know someone who thinks they can track them down and Will seemed excited to call him. I think he wants to talk to Meno himself to KNOW that he is actually okay after all of that sadness.
Again, thanks for all your comments. You all really touched me. It's amazing to feel that sort of support from people that I've mostly never met. Thankyou.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
i'm glad to hear this update. it seems like will is handling it very well. kids do. they cope. they're brave and tough. just give him lots of love. and sometimes i think they need to see us cry, get sad. so they realize its ok
I laughed out loud when I pictured Will telling a fart joke. He really IS your and Jeff's offspring. I can't imagine what it's like when your kids are thinking up a storm and you have no idea what's going on in there.
I hope you can find Meno! How was their first day of school?
What a sad sad story. I'm glad that Will is doing okay and handling it like a normal 9 year old.
I am glad you are tracking down Meno. That poor little guy really needs his friends right now. Glad everything went well with Will.
Wow, such a sad story and such a good reminder that nothing else matters in life as long as you have your family!
I've been anxiously waiting for this update. Glad to know that Will had a good first day. I hope that he can get in touch with Meno...poor guy. It's hard to lose friend.
Tara--I'm so glad Will's handling everything ok and you are letting him talk it out on his own time--you really are a great Mom, girl. I hope you find Meno for Will--take care of yourselves. Your da bomb. :) I mean it.
Love Will's sense of humor. That's another way to cope huh? Sweet kid! Big hugs Tara!
Wow, this whole thing just makes me ache. Poor Meno-- way too much for a nine year old (or anyone!)to deal with. What a little sweetheart your Will is-- keep up your great mommying!
kids are so amazing. they always handle things better than we expect him to. just have an arsenal of fart jokes lined up for when things get too sad! :)
Post a Comment