Okay. Our pool guy just got done fixing our pool and he left me with some puzzling questions. We have had a strange smell that wafts over the pool while we are swimming from time to time. It's sort of fishy smelling. I mean, I'm all for trying to keep it at one with nature back there, but the nasty fishy smell was a bit much. After some serious inspection he found the source of the stench. FILTERS. He spent over an hour pressure washing our filters, that are, by the way, pretty much brand new. Now. Filters should only need to be cleaned every few YEARS. He shows me the crap that he is washing off the filters and then turns and posses a logical question..."Do you have a big hairy dog?"
um...no. just Sasquatch friends and Golden retriever family members. Seriously people. They are called razors. use them.
And, starting at this very moment...you will be required to use one of these upon entering the pool...
See how stylish and happy these bathing beauties are? If you ever plan on taking a dip (skinny or other) in the Davis pool, rest assured you will not be wetting one tiny toe in our waters with-out one of these accessories.
Good Day
11 comments:
i'm afraid i'll never be allowed in your pool, what with my disdain for shaving, like, ever. okay, fine, i'll do my pits. is that decent compromise? love the bathing caps, too. if maya ever got her little hands on one of those, it would be everyday-wear.
Those caps are fabulous, Tara. And that is freakin hilarious about all the hairy people that swim in your pool...I'm sure you're not one of them :) I would have clogged that thing after the first dip--my dislike for shaving, too, has forced me from many a pool.
SICK! I've always know I was an amazon woman, but I had no idea I was causing problems. Fork over 500 bucks for electrolysis and you can kiss your filter clogging problems goodbye.
I can't believe he asked you if you had a dog! That is so completely hilarious. Our pool guy said the filters need to be cleaned quarterly.Although he says that, I sure don't see him doing it. You're right the stuff that comes off them is sick. Very slimey and hairy.
Ok, How long have you been living there and I STILL haven't swam in that stinkin pool! Seriously, what is My Problem? Some day I'll be there to add my beautiful blonde locks to your filter :)And if I'm thinking about skinny dipping , I might have to do some waxing as well!
Sister C
Ewww, cleaning any type of filter is not good. I'm relieved that it wasn't a mouse family stuck somewhere in the pool drains. Ugh!
I need to get my Relief Society Swimsuit calendar, those sisters are HOT! ;0)
My big day is Aug.8. 36! Waahh!!
Eew. It wasn't me. Or my dogs.
tara, we're still friends, cause i'm a shaver. pits & legs every day. especially in swimming weather. i even keep the southern area very well maintained. (i'm sure you're going to be thrilled to know that!) but i do lose hair off my head like a banshee. like i need to have a drainer on my shower, else i'll clog. after my daily shower, i need to pick up my hairballs, then rinse. *but, i would totally be willing to pony tail it up or even wear the cap. just for you ;)
EWWWW! I haven't been to our neighborhood pool this summer hardly at all because of a certain stink...I bet that's what it is. Yuck.
You know how some people have that sign above their swimming pools, "We don't swim in your toilet, so don't pea in our pool!"? Well, I think you should think of something equally creative about shaving before entering the pool. If I was creative I'd think of something for ya, but...sorry... no luck their!
OK, if body hair,not hair from your head, is clogging your filter, someone has some problems Missy! When was the last time your legs or pits actually shed????Blech! Perhaps a Wookie is skinny dipping in there during a full moon.
As for the swim cap, I think it's fab and I want one.
Post a Comment