8.06.2007

One More Day 'Til Tuesday!!!

That's right folks. Tomorrow is the day that millions of giddy tweens (and crazy pre-menopausal women such as myself) have been anticipating for MONTHS.




You got it right people. I'll be stalking the UPS man tomorrow (even more so than normal). When I read the first two books in this series several months I go I was a woman obsessed and finished them both in just a few days. I love books that suck you in like that. I decided to re-read them before Eclipse drops tomorrow since I read them in such a frenzy the first time around and I know I missed details. Upon my second inspection of these books, I am indeed realizing that they are not the most well written works of literature on the planet, (all first person, simple themes etc) but the story sucks me in just the same. But, if was a naive 12 year old ....(or a 32 yr. old stretch-marked cynical hag) I'd totally be rockin' the Edward merchandise. Probably the Jacob stickers too.

I know many of you have read this series, but if you haven't and are in the mood for a little vampire lovin' and teenage angst, (not really LOVIN' per se, these are young adult books...darn it) these may be the fun, quick summer read for you. My 13 year old baby-sitter certainly seems to agree with me :)

oh, and jeff hardly even notices the Edward poster above our bed anymore.

14 comments:

Jori said...

You have the Edward poster too?? Yow-zer I love these books!! Can't wait until tomorrow. You are right they aren't the best written books, but they are dang entertaining. I ordered mine off of Amazon. I might have to cancel the order and go sleep outside Barnes and Noble with the rest of the teeny boppers.

Hayley said...

i just burst out laughing Tara - the Edward poster! I just finished reading New Moon last night. I loved it, too. I'm so excited for tomorrow, as well. I agree, not the deepest of books, but it definitely sucks you in!

Have you read "the book thief"? if not, i highly recommend that one!

Holly O. said...

I am rereading the Book Thief right now! I got it for cheap on Amazon and am loving it just as much this time around.

Kristi said...

I didn't know Eclipse comes out tomorrow!?! Hooray! Or that Edward and Jacob had stickers & posters...I need to get in contact with your supplier asap :) Hee hee, Tara. I want to read the Book Thief, now that you ladies mention it...I need all the sweet teeny-boppin love I can handle (that does not sound how I meant it...)

tara said...

jori..darn it...I pre-ordered with Barnes and Noble and I have a bad feeling that it means they won't SHIP til tues. crap.
Hayley and holly...okay, book thief will be next on my list. I'm not in the mood for 1000 splendid suns just yet! thanks for the recommendation girls.

kristi...you dirty girl...hee hee

tara said...

oh, and yes. There really is merchandise at Stephenie Meyer.com.
My poster and Tatoos came with the special edition New Moon I bought.
That's right. I have a semi-permanant "Edward and Bella" tramp stamp.

Holly O. said...

Ladies, she has the stamp and she is not afraid to use it. I got a card from her with it! Just kidding, she doesn't make cards. But if she did, she'd be using her Edward and Bella stamp for sure!

tara said...

hee hee holly. I'm totally laughing out loud right now. "Tramp stamp" is what I (and my sis) call a tatoo right above your crack-i-ty crack. tramp stamp. not an actual stamp, although now I kinda want one.
I was saying I have a "bella and Edward" tatoo above my crack. Tramp stamp.
oh man, I'm totally laughing.

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about these books...maybe one of these days I'll have to pick one up for a fun read.

Kristi said...

Nice one! :) hee hee. I want a card with an Edward & Bella stamp on it--or post a picture of Tara's Edward & Bella tramp stamp...either way :)

Hayley said...

if i ever become a tramp stamp-ed person, it'd be the dr pepper logo. but i won't. don't worry!

Laura said...

Must read these books. Unfortunately, I'm still on Harry Potter. 3.

Anonymous said...

Went to Barnes and Noble today and picked up my copy although I didn't pre order one, there were some on display. I happily picked it up, secretly laughing at all the losers who waited in line at midnight! Hee Hee! But seriously if I ever wanted to sleep with a vampire it'd have to be Edward! Can you only imagine...ummm, I won't go there with my nasty thoughts, you never know who might be reading this! Love ya.

Sister C

Lupe said...

Man! I seriously need to get on this series. I'm hearing fabulous things about it!!