
These kids are adorable, no? I was admittedly sucked in by the rousing song and dance jubilee that was High School Musical 1. It was a perfect tongue in check mockery of high school musical theater drama nerds, show choir dorks, jocks, brainiacs, their interactions, and their musical road to inevitable friendship. The depiction of the drama/show choir bunch was frickin' hysterical (and, if I may add, SPOT ON, seeing as this is an area that I happen to know a bit about...:) So, that being said, I was understandably looking forward to the big "premiere" last night with barely bridled enthusiasm. Boy was I ever disappointed. I will not go into the meticulous analysis (that, rest assured has been painfully completed in my brain) here in this short(ish) post. Let me just sum it up by saying that it did certainly NOT recreate the magic of the first show. The opening and closing numbers were GREAT, but all the middle (and lame computerized voice overs...EWWWWW...these kids have TALENT...let us hear their UN-MESSED WITH VOICES people!!!!).Whew. I digress...excuse me. Believe you me, you do NOT want the broken down detailed analysis. It's far to excruciating.
Now, the finale had some REAL POTENTIAL for bringing down the house. HAD is the key word here. The best of intentions went horribly awry with the appearance of a certain monstrosity. That's right fashion enthusiasts across the blog world. The wardrobe maniacs , who most certainly were in some sort of diabetic SHOCK and puffin' a doobie at the time...(ha! take that ratings people...if I keep talking in code I'll be riding my PG rating all the way to the bank baby!!! hoooya!!)) anyhoodle, some idiot thought to himself "hey, the rest of this show pretty much sucks wind, so why don't we try to really go out with a bang and slap Zac in a pretty pair of...
MANPRI'S ?


Now, the actual offenders were a sick hybrid of these two pairs, but you get the unpleasant picture, correct? Honestly. Zac Efron is adorable...(I mean, have you seen Hairspray people?...hi ya' Link :) so it makes this particular act of lunacy unforgivable. You can put Pauley Shore or David Spade in manpri's all day long if you wanna. But NOT Zac Efron. COMMIT people. Shorts or pants. none of this middle of the road nonsense. please. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to utter the word 'manpri' ever again on this page. please let it be.
Now, the only redeemable aspect of the night was these cute little girls dressed up for their big High School Musical Party Premiere last night. Grace and Annie went as Sharpey (naturally) ...home-made bedazzled tank-tops an' all. (thanks for the stuff sister P :)



yes. I did use a glue gun, and no, no one was injured





10 comments:
Ew! Not manpri's! I haven't seen Highschool Musical but everyone raves about it. I am going to get it at the library this week. cutie pie girls! you are a fun momma. What is with people letting us down on the sequels? Pirates 3, Eclipse they just aren't holding up to the first installments.
i wear manpris all the time. is something wrong with me?
So would you conclude the HSM2 is as good as Grease 2? That's just wrong. But those two Sharpay's are cute!
Shoulder pads and now manpris? Oi Vei!
My 15 year old DD celebrated her birthday by hosting a HM2 Premier' party. No one was bedazzled though..I'm disappointed. I've never even watched the first one, but have heard my 7 year old DS singing the songs...in his little bass voice.
Your daughter is a cutey-patootie in her bejeweled tank and belts.
Manpris...is that like a super sagged pair of shorts???
Gilligan would be jonesin' for those things.
Like Lupe said, we all should have learned our lesson with Grease 2. The horror!
Holy cow, those are some adorable little pocket sized Sharpeys! They just make it all worth it-- except for the manpri's. The Fug Girls must be livid!
Ok, Tara, I think we're psychically linked--thank you for bringing up the manpris!!! Troy? Where did we go wrong with you--so cute, and then the manpris? I couldn't handle that. Those pictures you posted are SO cute--you're daugher looks frakin adorable. Love the bedazzled tank top--I didn't know you were such a crafty Mom? You never cease to amaze :)
Just one thing to say to you...Grace is absolutely gorgeous!! Love her hair. Miss you
sooo funny. i just walked in the room to see chris watching hs musical 2. dude. it was funny. we haven't even seen the 1st one. but now i'll have to, since you recommend it so highly! ditto on the manpris, ick!! i actually bought a pair of babyboypris for mason and after putting them on him once, i had to get rid of them. a little flamboyant for my baby boy! looks like a fabulous par-tee, though, what cute girlies! (please do link me! i need to link you, too. i always find you via holly/hayley/kristi/jori. i need a direct route!)
You crack me up....manpris!!!!! Ha ha ha!!!!
Oh and we have had that show playing WAY too much around here! We have both of them on our DVR, the manpri comment was perfect, yuck! What was he thinking?
Post a Comment